Systems Administrator I
Under the supervision of the Manager, Data Centre Operations, the System Administrator will be responsible for performing the day-to-day monitoring, maintenance and support of the Data Centre, inclusive of the operating systems (OS), middleware and physical server environment within the Data Centre. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring consistency in the reliability, performance and quality of systems in the Data Centre environment. He / she will be responsible for configuring the relevant components to conform to predefined specifications in accordance with established procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent from an accredited tertiary institution.
- One (1) year experience in an IT environment.
- Experience in customer support, help desk or equivalent experience.
- Experience in a UNIX / LINUX and Windows Operating System, Computer Hardware and Networking.
The candidate possessing the following will have a distinct advantage:
- Exposure to network and systems management.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and interest in current software literature.
- Exposure to OS and middleware design, configuration and maintenance.
The salary scale ranges from $1.81 Million – $2.17 Million per annum plus any allowance attached to this position. Salary subject to change pending GOJ Compensation Review.
Applications should be sent no later than Friday, February 17, 2023
Director – Human Resource Management & Administration
eGov Jamaica Limited
235b Old Hope Road
P.O. Box 407
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest in this career opportunity. Please note, however, that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.