Senior Database Administrator
Under the supervision of the Department Head – Systems Management & Services the Senior Database Administrator is responsible for designing, monitoring, and maintaining, databases while ensuring high levels of data performance and availability. The incumbent is also responsible for overseeing the implementation of database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of these databases and their accompanying software. It is this individual’s role to design the physical translation of the database and implement the logical data design specifications prepared by the Software developers, Business Intelligence Analysts and Data Modelers.
- Install, configure and administers primarily MS SQL Servers and secondarily – PostgreSQL and/or Informix DBMS.
- Monitors, troubleshoots and tunes DBMS in accordance with best practices and specific operational requirements for performance, availability, integrity and security.
- Implements policies and/or strengthen measures implemented for provision of – database security, database availability, data throughput, database backup and restoration.
- Automates routine maintenance activities for application databases.
- Executes and enhance database resource and access monitoring, recovery methods and practices.
- Mentors other DBAs in key areas of database administration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/IT field or equivalent from a recognized tertiary institution.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in supporting MS SQL Server and/or Oracle DBMS as well as Linux and Windows Server platforms.
- Experience with other enterprise DBMS such as Informix, PostgreSQL would be an asset.
- Valid certification in at least one of the following enterprise DBMS – MS SQL, Oracle, Informix, DB2 or PostgreSQL.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work under pressure, in a target driven environment
- Strong customer service orientation
- Able to work collaboratively with others to provide a high quality service
- Ability to manage complex issues
- Solution oriented with a positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to concentrate for extended periods
The salary scale ranges from J$3.11 million to J$3.73 million per annum plus any allowance attached to this position. Salary subject to change pending GOJ Compensation Review.
Applications should be sent no later than Friday, February 17, 2023 to:
Director – Human Resource Management & Administration
eGov Jamaica Limited
235b Old Hope Road
P.O. Box 407
or email: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest in this career opportunity. Please note however, that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.