The Senior Programmer Analyst will require strong technical and analytical skills to perform research analysis on business challenges/opportunities and develop solutions to innovative ideas. The incumbent will identify, select and demonstrate new technology, and participate in analyzing and communicating the value of the idea and solution in relation to the organizations’ advancement. Also, the Senior Programmer Analyst will be responsible for developing system functions, assisting in preparing detailed program specifications, reviewing, analyzing and modifying systems including coding, testing, debugging and installing to support application systems.
- Assesses new ideas, the impact within the organization, and collaborates with management to incorporate these insights into current and future solutions
- Conducts research for technology ideas
- Documents ideas
- Documents conceptual designs
- Conducts prototyping sessions
- Develops prototypes
- Prepares prototype workbooks
- Prepares White Papers to address business challenges
- Makes pitch to identify stakeholders
- Documents prototype design/features as required
- Reviews/writes evaluation documentation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent from a recognized tertiary institution
- At least 3 years relevant industry experience
- At least 2 years hands-on experience in the provision of technical design and development of at least 3 major information systems
- Experience with database platforms, including Informix, PostgreSQL & MS SQL.
- Working knowledge of an interface design and prototyping tool such as Adobe XD and/or Figma
- Knowledge of general ICT environments, industry-standards, and best practices
- Good knowledge of current ICT trends as it relates to system solutions
- Good team player
- Good analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Innovation and good research skills
- High level of integrity and able to work on own initiative
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills
- Good system design skills
- Good software development skills
The candidate possessing the following competencies will have a distinct advantage:
- Experience with Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning (ML) and Blockchain/Distributed Ledger Technologies.
- Working knowledge of prototyping, leveraging tools such as Adobe XD and/or Figma, using Design Thinking.
The salary scale ranges from $5.59 Million – $7.52 Million per annum, plus any current allowance attached to this position.
Applications should be sent no later than Friday, September 22, 2023 to:
Director – Human Resource Management & Administration
eGov Jamaica Limited
P.O. Box 407
or email: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest in this career opportunity. Please note, however, that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.